WREV Project Overview
The project was funded by DEFRA through the Rural Growth Network (RGN) which Warwickshire County Council lead for the Local Enterprise Partnership. The RGN initiative was part of a package of measures announced in the government’s Rural Economy Growth Review. RGNs are designed to support economic growth in rural areas.
Warwickshire rural businesses were offered:
- Free feasibility study of business vehicle use to assess the practicality and viability of having an electric vehicle in the business.
- £2000 grant assistance towards the costs of a lease of an EV, car or van.
- Free charging unit installed at the business.
- Monthly reports on performance and cost analysis provided by Coventry University. (Applied Research Centre in Sustainable Regeneration (SURGE))
- Free EV eco-driving session.
- Technical and project management support to businesses.
Latest research findings from the project will be presented at the seminar on Wednesday 9th November, Stoneleigh Park, Warwickshire.
Project started autumn 2013
Project completion summer 2016
For more information and / or a copy of the report please call us 01789 761367 or email firstname.lastname@example.org