Rural motorists face particular challenges in terms of costs and accessibility which are unique to these locations.
New research from this demonstrator trial in Warwickshire – the Warwickshire Rural Electric Vehicle project (WREV) will identify how electric vehicles can be used to solve the transportation problems faced by rural businesses and motorists.
Dr Andrew Jones, Research Assistant, Centre for Business in Society (CBiS), Coventry University
Dr Jason Begeley, Research Fellow, Centre for Business in Society (CBiS), Coventry University
Key contents include:
- Assessing the need for EVs and how they can be used in a rural setting
- Understanding motivations for businesses joining the WREV project
- Assessing vehicle performance through analysis of the fleet’s journey types (trips, miles, time), and savings (fuel and emissions)
- Benefits to SME’s driving EV’s
- Assessment of the WREV trial: Advantages and Disadvantages
- SMEs future plans
Download the executive summary wrev-executive-summary-nov-2016
Download the final report wrev-report-final-nov-2016